- Balhousie Care staff reach the finals of the National Care Awards
- ExtraCare acclaimed for being first gold standard Retirement Community for end of life care
- ‘Outstanding’ Northampton care home welcomes MP for VIP visit
- Dog owners and their pooches were among guests at Macmillan coffee morning
- Every Day is Different – Younger people would consider a career in social care
Headway Devon is a local charity dedicated to improving life after brain injury.
We provide essential services across Devon and Torbay for people with acquired brain injuries, their families and carers.
Brain injury has many causes but some of the most common are head injury, stroke, brain tumour, and illnesses like meningitis.
The effects of brain injury are far-reaching, and can include physical disabilities, thinking and learning difficulties, and changes in behaviour and personality. These disabilities can last a lifetime.
Headway Devon exists to ensure that when someone’s life is turned upside down by brain injury they get the help and support they deserve.
We support adults and children with brain injuries to come to terms with what has happened and overcome their disabilities, as well as providing support and advice to their families and carers and training and information for local professionals.